Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.Overview
This position leads HR compliance and local shared services for Egypt Operations business. It requires an individual who has previous employee and labor relations experience, subject matter knowledge, and strong communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations and process support.
Roles and ResponsibilitiesEnsure Compliance Of End - To - End Employee Life-cycle To Local Labor Laws And Internal Policies And Amazon Standards Through a Team Of Two Administrators, As Follows
- Relationship Management:
- Builds solid relationships with labor and SI office representatives
- Ensures effective handling of inspections and responsiveness with needed documents in partnership with legal team.
- On-boarding and off-boarding process:
- Leads hiring logistics (pre – employment medical check, Contracts issuance and signatures, employment documents collection, social insurance enrolment, craft license, etc…).
- Manages all GOV Medical Insurance including Payments and Exemption, as well as Pre-employment and regular medical check-up.
- Follows up on role eligibility as per laws e.g. craft license for L1 Ops role.
- Manages termination process and ensures the right documentation e.g. social insurance off-boarding
- Implements and ensures termination actions resulting from internal HR investigations are in line with internal disciplinary actions policy and local laws.
- Employee Files:
- Manages employment files, including its completion and updates.
- Manages employees’ documents withdrawal process and governance.
- Process and benefits compliance:
- Manages reporting of work related injuries to local authorities and coordination with the Legal department on the subsequent process.
- Supporting the Inclusion and diversity agenda by ensuring compliance of PWDs.
- Represents EGY Ops team in payroll compliance calls and process improvement taskforces.
- Highlights new benefits mandates to benefits team and HRBPs e.g. meals, nursery, etc...
- Owns internal audit on HR processes to ensure compliance with internal practices and local laws.
- Manages and ensure compliance of COVID management process to Amazon’s standard and local laws.
- Local shared services:
- Leads on the annual / bi-annual Contract renewals cycle.
- Ensures employee transportation is meeting Amazon standards and harmonize policies and execution standards between all LOBs within Egypt.
- Identifies centralization opportunities for better process efficiency and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Operations experience is a plus
- 5+ years of direct experience in Employee and labor relations, or labor law with an emphasis on employee relations work
- Solid Understanding of Egyptian Labor Law
- Experience in designing and streamlining processes
- Experience on identifying and mitigating labor risks
- Technically proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint
- Managing small teams in a fast paced environment
- Team player with demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships
- Working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Highly analytical thinker and problem solver
- Proven attention to detail; extremely organized
- Acts with sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
- Souq.com for E-Commerce LLC
Job ID: A1495657