The role of the Automation Quality Engineer is company focused as part of the Client Engagement organization to establish, maintain, and improve automation scripts to assist with testing coverage of software.
The person in this role is responsible for introducing the concepts of test automation to the company and building a robust and easily maintained framework that will ensure long term success. They will bring experience of building the framework, creating and maintaining test automation scripts and training other members of the Implementation Quality Department in test automation best practices.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defining test harnesses and automation frameworks and driving the development of test suites.
- Designing and building and automation framework to support integration, regression and functional
- Researching, identifying, and implementing new test automation technologies.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation.
- Planning automation activities across the team.
- Automating test cases and monitoring automation runs to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Collaborating with developers, product owners, Product Manager and software architects to
- understand test requirements.
- Establishing test automation best practices and processes.
- Implementing a risk-based testing strategy to ensure production meets customer expectation.
- Delivering on time with meaningful milestones.
- Mentoring and training other members of the Implementation Quality Department in automation
- best practices.
- Testing product usability, compatibility, security, accessibility, and performance.
PREFERRED SKILLSAble to exercise independent judgment and act on itExcellent analytical and creative problem-solving skillsExcellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skillsLogical and efficient, with keen attention to detailHighly self-motivated and directedAbility to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressureExperience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environmentAdapts quickly to new technologies and processes• Ability to implement and utilize Automated Testing Tools, e.g. Test Complete, Selenium, HPE UnifiedFunctional TestingStrong use of MS office and test management systems within DevOpsExperience working in an Agile environmentIntermediate Level SQL skills