· Develop of an impactful strategy and programme of work for FSD in Egypt and North Africa;
· Acting as the focal point and key representative for FSD Africa FSD in Egypt and North Africa;
· Conceptualise and develop a portfolio of Implementing Partners and Projects which will collectively be effective
in driving impact & systemic change;
· Manage the roll-out of projects so that results are achieved, risks are managed, and quality projects are
delivered; ensuring that learning from projects is fully utilised to maximise impact and innovation;
· Manage the resources associated with the FSD programme in Egypt and North Africa;
The role will be based in Cairo, Egypt. The candidate must have the legal right to work in and is currently resident in Egypt. The successful candidate will undertake a mix of in-country and regional travel based upon an agreed work plan. Throughout, strict adherence to Covid-19 social distancing regulations will be required.
The role requires a self-starting, goal orientated, flexible, creative thinker who is comfortable within a dynamic work environment. Someone with at least 10 years of technical experience, some at a senior level, in financial sector development or related work and experience in Egypt and the North African region. Deep professional networks in the Egypt and/or North Africa region and fluency in English and Arabic are required. The candidate should have a first degree in a field similar to Economics, Business, Geography, and ideally a relevant Master’s degree.
FSD Africa will contract the successful candidate as a consultant on a draw-down contract basis, with all business expenses paid in line with our Policies and Procedures.