Development Associate Manager
|تاريخ النشر||٢٢ سبتمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||مصر - Cairo|
|الخبرة المطلوبة||Min: 6|
|المؤهل التعليمي||Applied Science and Engineering|
The position is mainly responsible to drive the Development function ensuring that the assigned development / redevelopment project(s) are completed as per timelines, quality standards and in accordance with the approved budgets, program and feasibilities, while achieving approved IRR for the assigned portfolio.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Defining the Development vision and translating it into strategic initiatives and actionable recommendations for timely implementation.
- Responsible for delivering the approved IRR for the assigned Development / Project / Portfolio.
- Manage early phases of Development which include leading the feasibility study (especially in the early stage), product definition, market research, master planning e.g. traffic analysis etc. This also includes initiating and obtaining the necessary approvals both internally and externally for defined projects.
- Manage all design phases and selection of architect, designers, consultants, and contractors.
- Review, challenge, and improve master plans prepared by the Consultants and ensure successful development of assigned portfolio. Safeguard MAFP design principles.
- Support the project team through design and construction phase to ensure successful delivery of the end product.
- Liaise with the SMBU Marketing Team to determine marketing strategy / opening plan to be followed for new projects and developments.
- Support Director of Egypt Development in regular progress reviews for both internal and external matters e.g. (project status, costs, feasibility and design etc.) of the assigned development / project / portfolio to support management decisions.
- Establish and implement project strategies including all phases of design, development and construction for successful execution of development project(s) in the assigned portfolio.
- Establish and regularly update policies/procedures in line with the latest best practices and against competitors and industry standards.
- Maintain competitive intelligence through sustained interaction with the SMBU Strategy and Research function and leveraging market knowledge on developmental aspect.
- Foster knowledge sharing between teams and operating units based on the lessons learnt, market knowledge, competition as well as industry best practices.
- Ensure that all Audit findings / improvement areas are timely resolved and implemented in the assigned development portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with the MAFP SMBU’s Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and HC Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Be the advocate and ambassador of aligning and cascading the MAFP values across SMBU and ensure that it is adhered to and exhibit the same all the time.
- Lead by example – thrive to create an honest and open work environment where individuals collaborate /support each other as a team and are passionate to achieve a common business objective.
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of progressive and successful experience in managing large-scale mixed-use Development projects with specific focus ideally on Shopping Mall / retail development in MENA, GCC or abroad in a similar role with an international / regional recognized development companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Design & Construction) or equivalent. Project Management certification will be an added advantage.
- English & Arabic language proficiency
- Computer literacy.